Udev messages on the console

John Harrigan jfharrigan at fedex.com
Mon Jan 29 11:14:18 PST 2007

* Darcy Roberts <darcy_ro at msn.com>:

> How do I stop udev from outputting messages to the console? IE when I insert
> a CF or USB flash device, a bunch of annoying messages shows up on my text
> console. I've looked in udev.conf, but cannot see anything jumping out at
> me.

You can use "setterm -msglevel X" to control what kernel messages
get printed.  However, I don't know if there is a level 'X' specific
to udev messages; you might end up turning off some messages that
aren't specifically from udev.

If you just want to get rid of all the messages, you can use
"setterm -msg off".