rm -r Function Not Implemented?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 29 10:31:17 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:20:14AM -0500, Galaxy Travel wrote:

> I still getting errors, so im not sure why, When I use configure when I hit
> make it loops and never ends.

 I'm having trouble parsing that - you said earlier that the rm -r
problem occurred when you ran configure, but now you mention 'make'
and originally you said the problem was when installing.  I'm
assuming you do realise that you can't run 'make' if configure
fails ?

 You could try logging the output, e.g.
whichever-command 2>&1 | tee mylog
let it loop for a bit, hit ctrl-C, and then review the log.  But,
your build seems to have gone weird.

 This is the 20061209 book ?  Have you deviated from the book at
all (e.g. changed package versions or used different patches) ?
Have you put anything (optimisations) in CFLAGS ?

 What is your host system, and which kernel is it running ?

ĸen