LiveCD via loop device?

Jorge Almeida jalmeida at math.ist.utl.pt
Mon Jan 29 09:40:36 PST 2007

I was wondering whether it would be possible to install LFS using the
live CD image mounted on an existing system via loopback device and then
chroot'ing. The idea is to get the best of two worlds: a sane system in
the live CD and the possibility to keep using the computer as usual
while installing LFS (plus the possibility of doing it remotely, if
needed).
Is this possible at all? I just mounted the CD image via loopback
device, but I can't figure out what to do next, as it doesn't look like
a regular populated filesystem.

--
Jorge Almeida