rm -r Function Not Implemented?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 29 06:07:56 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 03:57:18AM -0500, Galaxy Travel wrote:
> I was doing ok until this point when trying to install e2fsprogs-1.39 I get
> this error:
>
> rm: cannot remove `.confstat8127-3462/subs.sed' : Function not implemented
>
> Whats going on? Im building using Development LFS.
>
> rm -r is not working it looks like and I dont know why.

 I think you running 'make check', not the install ?

There was some discussion about this at the end of November on -dev.
I thought the book was being changed at the start of December to run

 sed -i -e 's@/bin/rm@/tools&@ lib/blkid/test_probe.in

in e2fsprogs before configuring it, but I can't see that in the book
and at the moment I can't log on to trac.  The alternative, as in
clfs, is to symlink - this would be less invasive for you because
you wouldn't have to rebuild a fresh e2fsprogs:
 ln -s /tools/bin/rm /bin

Alternatively, if you really are running 'make install', does
'rm -r' work at all ?

ĸen