GCC second pass make error

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Sat Jan 27 05:11:15 PST 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 14:53, Steffen H. Larsen wrote:
> I get this error when typing make
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hda1/tools/gcc-Build2/libcpp´
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/hda1/tools/gcc-Build2/gcc´
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all´. Stop
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hda1/tools/gcc-Build2/gcc
> make: ** [all-gcc] Error 2

First, please provide us more output. 20-30 lines are usually
sufficient to determine what kind of problem you have.

The only thing I can surmise at the moment is you having not run
configure properly. Had you run configure from the
/mnt/hda1/tools/gcc-Build2 directory before running make?

Second, if it's your first build (as you said) you're not recommended
to deviate from the book. In particular, your LFS mount point above is
/mnt/hda1 while the book recommends using /mnt/lfs.

This particular deviation would not be a problem but the fact of your
doing something not like the book says tells the people on this list
that you probably deviate somewhere else.

--
Nothing but perfection
pv