Chapter 6 gcc: How to resume after error in make -k check

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 23 14:33:49 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 10:59:20PM +0100, Stefan Wetter wrote:
> Barius Drubeck schrieb:
> > On Sunday 21 January 2007 14:53, Stefan Wetter wrote:
> >
> >> I get errors with libmudflap when testing. According to the book,
> >> that is no problem. But how to resume the testsuite after that
> >> error? If i run make -k check again, it runs all the tests again
> >> and stops with the same error.
> >>

> > Does the make -k check stop immediately after the libmudflap errors,
> > or does it continue after that?
> >

> It stops immediately. With the message "make check not remade because of
> errors" or something like that (I don't remember exacly).
 That would be normal if you were building gcc-4.1.1 where
libmudflap comes last (at least, on the arch for my laptop, where
I've just checked the logs).  But, I thought you were building
4.0.3, and I think that was in a slightly different order.

 Can you run the next command from the book (the 'test_summary'
command) to a file ?  If so, do you have results from all the normal
tests (g++, gcc, libstdc++, libmudflap - not necessarily in that
order) ?

 After the results of the various tests, it should report the gcc
version, the platform, and then the configure flags.  Do those flags
show you anything different from what is in the book ?

ĸen