First Build - in trouble

Batiev Andrey generatorglukoff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:46:17 PST 2007

Hello

I think, that correct string in menu.lst is

kernel /LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/boot/lfskernel-2.6.16.35 root=/dev/hda4/
init=/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/sbin/init

as root parameter tells the root device, not directory.

Well, I think, you may have some other troubles caused with $PATH
variable, as it may contain something like

PATH=/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/bin:/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/sbin:/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/usr/bin:/LINUX_FROM_SCRATCH/usr/sbin