Proper choice of package management strategy

Nadav Vinik nadavvin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:04:11 PST 2007

The different distro don't define only with their PM.

most of the PM`s converted from one distro to another, therefore there
is apt to rpm.

The also smart and more common PM.

Moreover, choosing in apt don't make your distro Debian since Debian
compile to i386 and I quite sure that you don't have the i386
processor and the optimization which you use in LFS make your system
faster and smaller from equivalent Debian system.

Nadav