Proper choice of package management strategy

Dave Abergel davelargeuk2 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 23:46:13 PST 2007

Juaco

Juaco wrote:
> That is the truth. If you have decided to use LFS anyway, what did you
> expect...wizards to install/manage your sw?

I never said that I expected anything else! In fact my build differed
from the book in various other ways (I didn't use NPTL, but only
linuxthreads: It's a long story!) so there was *no way* I was looking
for an easy time.

However, for my effort I have a nice, swift, compact desktop that does
exactly what I want. I think that's worth the extra time spent in
building it.

Dave
--
LFS User #16110 - You know open source makes sense