Udev & CUPS Problem

Randy McMurchy lfs-user at mcmurchy.com
Thu Jan 18 14:56:35 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 01/18/07 16:45 CST:

> In my experience, CUPS can be kind of dodgy. So, I wouldn't be
> surprised if CUPS is just failing to access your printer completely
> but lying to you about it.

After reading the original, then Ken's reply and now Dan's, we all
seem to think a bit differently on this one. My gut feel is that it
is a CUPS thing just not being configured correctly. I've always
found CUPS to be reliable and solid. Once it works, it stays working.

I did notice that I had a helluva time in the 1.1.x to 1.2.x versions
of CUPS. The configuration file is much different now than previous
versions. There was a 10 minute learning curve for me. I had to tweak
the cupsd.conf file to get things working. Especially pay attention
to the 'authtypes'.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
16:56:00 up 8 days, 17:10, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.16, 0.07