Proper choice of package management strategy

Nadav Vinik nadavvin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 00:33:56 PST 2007

"The drawback is that you have to manually set files suid root (but on
the other hand, it gives you more control over packages - you decide
what should be suid) and that some packages need some tweaking, as
their install process behaves badly."

And this is what you recommend to newbies?

"The Book excludes any recommendations about which pack'man' to use,
which doesn't make it easy for newbies"

It is the most complicate from the others.

Nadav