Proper choice of package management strategy

Nadav Vinik nadavvin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:55:34 PST 2007

I fink that all the recommend techniques are good in the same level.

Any of symlinks, timestamps , prefix or diff style are simple as the other.

You also can use PM which other distro use like pacman rpm or deb and
what getoo use.

The advantage is that you can sure that you would remove and upgrade
packages with minimal risk that something will break.

The pacman packages are simple and tar.gz archive.

I create my own PM base on diff all the files in the system before and
after the package installed, It's no efficient if you have many files
but to LFS it don't take much.

Nadav