errors on glibc tests

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 11 03:59:59 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:44:24AM +0000, Pedro Rodrigues de Figueiredo wrote:
> Thanks, Ken. Actually, there was in deed a problem with perl, which I
> have now corrected. Still, I'm getting these errors:
>
> make[2]: [/sources/glibcbuild/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
>    (this seems to be common, acording to the book)
 This one is expected.

> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibcbuild/nptl/tst-cancel1.out] Error 1
>    (previous line: Didn't expect signal from child: got `Aborted')
>
> make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2
>
> make: *** [check] Error 2
>
> Any further tips? I will start over if I have to, but I'd rather spend
> the time doing something else.
>
> Thanks again,
> Pedro

 I think you are probably fine.  You can look at the tst-cancel1.out
file to see if it says anything.  In my case (and other people using
clfs, apparently) the nptl failures we see are accompanied by
'exception not caught' and 'cleanup handler not called', which sound
like c++ problems.  My resulting system is fine (with my normal
desktop), apart from kernel problems which predate the new system.

ĸen