errors on glibc tests

Pedro Rodrigues de Figueiredo pedrorfigueiredo at sapo.pt
Wed Jan 10 16:44:24 PST 2007

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:43:42PM +0000, Pedro Rodrigues de Figueiredo wrote:
>
>> Hi... I'm installing LFS 20061209, and completed chapter 5 without
>> problems.  Now, on chapter 6, when running the glibc tests, I got the
>> following errors:
>>
>> (snip)
>>

> Hi Pedro,
>
>  I'm seeing a number of errors, but not these.
>
>  FWIW, I'm seeing ten various 'Error 1' in nptl, but *not* the
> error you see.  Apart from that, I only get the posix/annexc.out
> Error.  From memory, I suspect that 'Error 127' is something
> like 'program not found'.  If you can look for the first two of your
> 'Error 127' in your full log, maybe something shows as 'not found' ?
>
>  If nothing else shows up, maybe perl was broken.  If you run
> 'perl -V' in chroot, what does it show for '@INC' ?  Do you have a
> number of *.pl *.pm files in /tools/lib/perl5/5.8.8 ?  (but that is
> just a wild guess, based on my own and others past errors)
>
> ĸen

Thanks, Ken. Actually, there was in deed a problem with perl, which I
have now corrected. Still, I'm getting these errors:

make[2]: [/sources/glibcbuild/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
   (this seems to be common, acording to the book)

make[2]: *** [/sources/glibcbuild/nptl/tst-cancel1.out] Error 1
   (previous line: Didn't expect signal from child: got `Aborted')

make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2

make: *** [check] Error 2

Any further tips? I will start over if I have to, but I'd rather spend
the time doing something else.

Thanks again,
Pedro