tcl problem

Yoav Farkash y_farkash at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 16:50:31 PST 2007

Hi,

This is my first try with the LFS project. I am stuck
at the first pass (5.10 in the book) with the
installation of TCL-8.4.7.

I ran the test for the compiler and linker and it
seems fine.

I get the following output when running the configure
command (./configure --prefix=/tools in the unix
folder):
-------
checking whether to use symlinks for manpages... no
checking compression for manpages... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for building with threads... no (default)
checking if the compiler understands -pipe... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pipe -E
checking for sin... no
checking for main in -lieee... yes
checking for main in -linet... no
checking for net/errno.h... no
checking for connect... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking how to build libraries... shared
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking if 64bit support is requested... no
checking if 64bit Sparc VIS support is requested... no
checking system version (for dynamic loading)...
Checking system version (for dynamic loading)...
./configure: line 7163:syntax error, near unexpected
token ')'
./configure: line 7163: '     OSF*)'
-------

Any ideas?