Adding emacs/erc to original install

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Sun Jan 7 13:27:04 PST 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 23:40, Slackrat wrote:
> However, I am not vi literate and need to know how difficult it will
> be to install emacs/gnus/erc as I am heavily dependent upon the emacs
> appz

BLFS Book is usually used after LFS Book is finished.

So, when you have finished building LFS you can read BLFS and build
applications/libraries described there. Moreover, I guess building
packages absent in LFS (for example, by using BLFS) is _necessary_ to
build a "really usable" system.

BLFS has two basic differences from LFS:

1. Unlike LFS, BLFS do _not_ have the order packages must be built in.

2. Nobody has actually to install _all_ the BLFS packages. Choose those
   you need and forget about other ones.

In particular, among many other packages BLFS Book contains emacs
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/emacs.html

but seems to miss other programs you mentioned. You can try to build
them yourself which would be good practice for you ;)

--
Nothing but perfection
pv