Adding emacs/erc to original install

Slackrat slackrat4Q at azurservers.com
Sun Jan 7 12:40:57 PST 2007

After something like 14 years, I'm looking to change my Linux
distribution for an increasingly numerous list of beefs

I burned the LFS ISO and looked around somewhat and skimmed through
the books

What I see so far impresses me most favourably

However, I am not vi literate and need to know how difficult it will
be to install emacs/gnus/erc as I am heavily dependent upon the emacs
appz

Thanks in advance

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]