kernel panic!

Vladimir A. Pavlov pv4 at bk.ru
Thu Jan 4 16:52:26 PST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 18:40, Mauricio Casanova wrote:
> One thing that may be useful to figure out what I'm missing, is that I
> couldn't execute the GRUB's comands: root (hd0,2) and setup (hd0,0).
> GRUB said that "Error 21: Selected disk does not exist".

Did this error appear while installing LFS or after pressing `c' at
GRUB boot prompt when booting? In the former case, are you sure
/dev/hda3 actually exists? In the latter one, are you sure the kernel
has a necessary file system driver?

> title           LFS-2.6.16.27-redBox
> root            (hd0,2)
> kernel          /boot/lfskernel-2.6.16.27 root=/dev/hda3

BWT, in this case the kernel at (/dev/hda3)/boot will be user rather
than the one at /dev/hda1.

BWT, do you know you can execute GRUB commands upon boot? If no, look
at the following link where a few commands for such usage of GRUB are
presented.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2006-October/031877.html

--
Nothing but perfection