Problem with configiure glibc (in Chap 5.6)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 10:19:03 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Fredrik Persson <perrascout at linux.se> wrote:
> When trying to run configure for glibc in chapter 5.6 i get a error
> "cannot compute size of (long double)". The config.log say "cannot
> find /tools/lib/libc.so.6". There was no error messages when i build
> Binutils and GCC. This is my first try to make a LFS system.
>
> My hostsystem is LFS LiveCD
>
> ---Error msg:---
> checking for long double... yes
> checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute size of
> (long double), 77
> See 'config.log' for more details.
>
> ---From config.log:---
> configure:7491 gcc -B/tools/bin/ -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c
> >&5 /tools/bin/ld: cannot find /tools/lib/libc.so.6
>
> ---When checking $LFS/tools/lib i find this files:---
> libc-2.6.3.so
> libc.a
> libc.so
> libc_noshared.a

It seems that you've already built glibc and gone through a few other
sections since the files you are showing come from glibc and the
config.log snippet shows that binutils is trying to look in
/tools/lib. If this was the first time you'd come to Ch. 5.6, neither
of these would be true.

So, if you'd like to go back to build glibc in Ch. 5.6 again, it would
be best to just start from the beginning of Ch. 5. I'd suggest
deleting everything in /tools and starting Ch. 5 again.

--
Dan