IPRoute2-2.6.16: arpd.c compiling error

Mauricio Casanova mcasanov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:34:34 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson escribió:
> On 1/2/07, Mauricio Casanova <mcasanov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> make output:
>> [...]
>> make[1]: Entering directory `/sources/iproute2-2.6.16-060323/misc'
>> gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -I../include
>> -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -I/usr/include  -o arpd arpd.c ../lib/libnetlink.a
>> ../lib/libutil.a -ldb -lpthread
>> arpd.c:19:20: error: db_185.h: No such file or directory
>
> Something has gone wrong with your Berkeley DB installation because
> you should have /usr/include/db_185.h. Maybe run a `find /usr/include
> -name db_185.h' to see if it's there but in a different directory. If
> it's not there, you may just want to go back to the DB page and
> reinstall it. Although, in that case, you may want to reinstall perl,
> too, since it will build a db module.
>
> --
> Dan

I've run a 'find ...' and doesn't find it.
What I did, previous to your response because didn't know the
dependencies for Berkeley DB libraries, was to skip the installation of
arpd and go through the installation of rest of the softwares.
Hopefully, nothing else went wrong (actually I'm having problems at
booting time, but I thing that's for another reason).

Thanks Dan for your response.

--
Mauricio