ch6.9 glibc-2.5 configure error

Nick Bowes nic_bowes at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 05:55:15 PST 2007

Hi there,
running the configure command for glibc-2.5 ch 6.9 throws up the following error:

- checking for C cleanup handling... no
- configure: error: the compiler must support C cleanup handling

It said I should checkout the "config.log" in the build dir in order to establish the cause though it means little to me unfortunatly.  I have pasted what I think is the interesting bit as theres way too much to plonk it all in here.

configure:64: $? = 0
configure:67: test -s conftest
configure:70: $? = 0
configure:82: result: yes
configure:91: checking for C cleanup handling
configure:116: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Werror -fexceptions   conftest.c  >&5
conftest.c:36:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
configure:122: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */

Could you point me in the right direction to solve this.

Thanks!

Nick