chroot chapter 6.6

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 06:50:30 PST 2007

On 2/27/07, nick bowes <nic_bowes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can't figure out what should happen in ch6.8.  the first command your
> asked to run is "make install" but where should I run it from? should I be
> running it as root in the previously untared man-pages-2.42 dir?
> Sorry I know this should be obvious but as you will have guessed this is all
> very new to me.

That's OK. Just like any of the other sections in the book, it's
expected that you'll be in the source tree of the tarball that you
just unpacked. So, in this case, you should have unpacked the
man-pages-2.42 tarball and moved into top level of the source tree. It
should have a Makefile, and you can just run `make install' since
there's nothing to be built, it's just data.

--
Dan