6.12. GCC-4.0.3 - "make -k check" failed

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:53:25 PST 2007

On 2/22/07, Kai Ulrich <kaiu at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hey Dan , Hey Ken,
>
> Thanx for your answer,
>
> I gonna  to bundel the communikation, answer both advices in this email.
>
> Dan wrote :
> > This is interesting. I don't see that in the reference log here:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/development/chapter6/gcc-4.0.2
> >
> > Do you get other errors like this? Could you attach the full test log?
> Sorry the log is about 45000 lines ;-)). A possability to post it someware ?
> it seams the test_summary script is able to do a send emails.

Yeah, that's probably too much. Could you run the tests again and
redirect their output to a separate file? `make -k check >check.log
2>&1'. Or, if you just have the big log, could you send all the output
between "make: *** [check-fixincludes] Error 2" and "make[1]:
[check-gcc] Error 1 (ignored)"? You can probably do this from the
command line pretty easily:

sed -n '/check-fixincludes/,/check-gcc/p' $thelogfile > $anewfile

> Dan wrote :
> > I would check that tcl, expect
> > and dejagnu were instal In chroot, what do you get for 'ls -l /dev' ?led correctly in Ch. 5.
> I think I did but how can I check it ... or better how can I reinstall
> dejagnu  / tcl

You should be able to just open a separate terminal, change to the lfs
user and rebuild the packages just as it says in Ch. 5. But, maybe you
want to confirm the next part before doing that...

> Ken wrote:
> >  In chroot, what do you get for 'ls -l /dev' ?
> root:/sources/gcc-build# ls -l /dev
> total 0
> crw------- 1 root root 5, 1 Feb 16 08:54 console
> crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Feb 16 08:54 null

That's not good. Whenever you re-enter the chroot, make sure that the
kernel file systems are mounted. This is described in 6.2.2 and 6.2.3
here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/kernfs.html
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/chroot.html

> Ken wrote:
>
> > Can you try the following test, please.
> > echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> > /sources/gcc-build/gcc/xgcc dummy.c > dummy.log 2>&1
> > more dummy.log
>
> dummy.log is empty.

That means it successfully compiled it. I think probably the problem
with the tests are not because of gcc, but because of the test
environment.

--
Dan