6.12. GCC-4.0.3 - "make -k check" failed

Kai Ulrich kaiu at gmx.de
Thu Feb 22 11:35:26 PST 2007

Hey Dan , Hey Ken,

Thanx for your answer,

I gonna  to bundel the communikation, answer both advices in this email.

Dan wrote :
> This is interesting. I don't see that in the reference log here:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/development/chapter6/gcc-4.0.2
>
> Do you get other errors like this? Could you attach the full test log?
Sorry the log is about 45000 lines ;-)). A possability to post it someware ?
it seams the test_summary script is able to do a send emails.

Dan wrote :
> I would check that tcl, expect
> and dejagnu were instal In chroot, what do you get for 'ls -l /dev' ?led correctly in Ch. 5.
I think I did but how can I check it ... or better how can I reinstall
dejagnu  / tcl

Ken wrote:
>  In chroot, what do you get for 'ls -l /dev' ?
root:/sources/gcc-build# ls -l /dev
total 0
crw------- 1 root root 5, 1 Feb 16 08:54 console
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Feb 16 08:54 null

Ken wrote:

> Can you try the following test, please.
> echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> /sources/gcc-build/gcc/xgcc dummy.c > dummy.log 2>&1
> more dummy.log

dummy.log is empty.

Kai