6.12. GCC-4.0.3 - "make -k check" failed

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:16:28 PST 2007

On 2/21/07, Kai Ulrich <kaiu at gmx.de> wrote:

> IV.
> root:/sources/gcc-build# ../gcc-4.0.3/contrib/test_summary | grep -A7 Summ
>                 === g++ Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            244
> # of unexpected failures        10222
> # of unexpected successes       37
> # of expected failures          30
> # of unresolved testcases       169
> # of untested testcases         54
> --
>                 === gcc Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            817
> # of unexpected failures        26885
> # of unexpected successes       30
> # of expected failures          20
> # of unresolved testcases       6771
> # of untested testcases         504

This is an extraordinary amount of failures. To me, it would seem to
indicate that there's a problem somewhere else and not with this
particular package.

> Running target unix
> ERROR: tcl error sourcing
> /sources/gcc-4.0.3/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/libstdc++-abi/abi.exp.

This is interesting. I don't see that in the reference log here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/development/chapter6/gcc-4.0.2

Do you get other errors like this? Could you attach the full test log?
If you do see other errors like that, I would check that tcl, expect
and dejagnu were installed correctly in Ch. 5.

--
Dan