runit?

Barius Drubeck barius.drubeck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 05:20:06 PST 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 20:49, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, TheOldFellow wrote:
> >> One question: my current distro (gentoo) forces a fs check after
> >> so many days or so many mounts, which seems a prudent idea.
> >> Should I try to adapt the corresponding gentoo checkfs script?
> >
> > The LFS checkfs script does that.
>
> Thanks. I browsed the script but I was unable to identify the
> relevant part.

The forced check after x mounts or y days is a behaviour of fsck, not
of the checkfs script itself.  The checkfs script just runs fsck at
boot time.

Assuming an ext2 or ext3 filesystem on hda1 partition, try
dumpe2fs -h /dev/hda1 | grep -i "check"
dumpe2fs -h /dev/hda1 | grep "ount count:"

See also the tune2fs(8) man page, in particular the -c and -i options.

--
Barius