Linuxthreads!

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:33:12 PST 2007

On 2/15/07, Athena P <lists at vega.uk.net> wrote:

> I was just wondering why this has not been included in LFS. Is a better
> threading system employed somewhere else? I suspect that libcrypt is now
> depreciated as this is built directly into the 2.6 tree, is this
> correct?

Right. I don't know if linuxthreads is even supported on newer
glibc's. NPTL (Native Posix Threads Library) is the standard threading
library for glibc. libcrypt has been included in the tree for a while,
too. Here's what my slightly older libc says:

$ /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.6, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.0.2.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.12 system on 2006-05-21.
Available extensions:
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

--
Dan