Udev Errors?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:14:46 PST 2007

On 2/14/07, Galaxy Travel <giftbound at verizon.net> wrote:
> From: "Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com>
> > On 2/14/07, Galaxy Travel <giftbound at verizon.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> udevd-event[1154]: run program: exec of program '/lib/udev/path_id'
> >> failed
> >>
> >> theres a couple of them with different event then also have usb_id
> >> failed.
> >
> > Do you have these files? Are they executable?
>
> Im not sure where to look im a newbie, lol. Im not sure why its complaining.

It's telling you that it can't execute the program /lib/udev/path_id
and /lib/udev/usb_id. So, you should check that those two files exist.
Also, they should have execute permissions or they won't be able to be
executed. If they're missing, go back to the Udev page and get them
installed.

Also, as a newbie, I'd suggest you read up on the netiquette.
Particularly, the part about trimming replies. It will be greatly
appreciated.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette

--
Dan