problems to make glibc-2.3.6 : /tools/include/asm/errno.h:4:31: error: asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 06:28:01 PST 2007

On 2/14/07, Kai Ulrich <kaiu at gmx.de> wrote:

> >  What do you get for '/bin/sh --version'  ?  If it is bash-3.1 and
> > less than 3.1.17, look to see if ubuntu has an updated version
> > available.  Similarly 'sed --version' although I assume all recent
> > distros are using 4.1.5.
> >
> It seeams dash is installed like you said :
> kulrich at frunk:~$ /bin/sh --version
> /bin/sh: Illegal option --
> kulrich at frunk:~$ ls -all /bin/sh
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2006-10-29 20:31 /bin/sh -> dash
>
> bash is is installed as well
> kulrich at frunk:~$ bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i486-pc-linux-gnu)

I remember reading that glibc really wants bash even though it's not enforced.

You can get make to use whatever shell you want by passing the
variable SHELL. Another way is to set the environment variable
CONFIG_SHELL for autoconf packages. So, there's two ways to do this:

CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash ./configure ...

or

make SHELL=/bin/bash

Do either of those help?