NCURSES 5.6 BUG

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 21:45:18 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, at 08:30 Chris at ams011.ftl.affinity.com wrote:
> Galaxy Travel writes:
>
> > Im not sure if you realize this but there is a bug in bash 3.2 that breaks
> > ncurses 5.6, there is a bash32 patch.
> >

> Can you please specify what the bug is, and perhaps provide a link to the
> patch?

I guess he is referring to include/MKhashsize.sh
Particularly in the following variable.

TABSIZE=`grep -v '^[ #]' $CAPS | grep -v "^$" | grep -v "^capalias"|\
grep -v "^infoalias" | wc -l`

The problem I think is the backticks with the square brackets.

This can be solved,either changing the variable to the form $(...)
or just enclose the variable within double quotes "`...`"
Even the following sed will suffice,as the grouping isn't really
necessary.
sed -i 's/\[ #\]/#/' include/MKhashsize.sh

This was reported upstream by Greg Schafer,but I don't know the current status,
I thought it was fixed in the last bash patch.

I saw the same problem once,in one build with bison,in the build-aux/ylwrap.