GRUB hosed, frantic

Colin Dean cdean at cs.westminster.edu
Sun Feb 11 13:01:36 PST 2007

Thanks for the help, folks. I knew that the drive exists, as not 20
minutes before my initial email, GRUB was working just fine. I decided
against a separate boot partition because I did ALFS.

My solution:

mv /boot/grub /boot/grub-backup
mkdir /boot/grub
cp /boot/grub-backup/stage{1,2} /boot/grub
grub

grub> root (hd0,0)
grub> setup (hd0)
grub> quit

cp /boot/grub-backup/*_stage1_5 /boot/grub
cp /boot/grub-backup/menu.lst /boot/grub
reboot

Some Blue Moon, one of the best classic rock cover bands in eastern
Ohio/western Pennsylvania, and a couple datable women must have cleared
my head a little last night, too.