GCC Optimization

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:40:31 PST 2007

On 2/10/07, Athena P <lists at vega.uk.net> wrote:

> Many Thanks to everyone which replied to my original post, after reading
> lots of your comments I get the feeling that most of you disagree with
> optimization. To be honest that's cool; however I still believe that
> some optimization, specifically the architectural stuff has still got to
> be worth trying.

Just to toss in one last word, I'll say that I don't disagree with
optimization. But, I also don't want to spend the time to track down
the issues that they might cause in an area that I don't have any
expertise in (C). I have enough issues just trying to get all the
software to play nice together without introducing problems that would
require gdb.

I understand your interest, though, and I would encourage you to play
around if that's your itch you want to scratch. That's what the
project's all about, after all.

--
Dan