Headers?

John Harrigan jfharrigan at fedex.com
Thu Feb 8 14:26:39 PST 2007

* Galaxy Travel <giftbound at verizon.net>:
> I deleted the headers on mistake, Now I tryed to reinstall the headers and
> it looks like it wont let me, So do I have to reinstall everything again?

I'm assuming you're using the newer 'make headers_install' method
because I ran into the same problem.  Fortunately, I had a backup
so I didn't have to try this method.

You might be able to temporarily install the linux-libc-headers
package and use those just long enough to build the new headers.

http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/

If you untar those includes somewhere, you should be able to point your
include path to them (using CPPFLAGS or LINUXINCLUDE) while you build
the new headers.  Again, it's only an idea, I haven't actually tried
this.