Problems rendering the book

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 03:53:53 PST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 01:28:35AM +0100, Giulio Daprelà wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm the coordinator for the italian translation of the LFS book.
> I'm trying to render the book (LFS 6.2) starting from the xml sources,
> but I have problems.
>
> The release of the stylesheets called (1.69.1) is not present anymore
> in the docbook site, since they're passed to the 1.72.0.

 I can't offer any opinion on why 1.69.1 has disappeared - google
found it in some gentoo distfile directories, but when I looked at a
sample they no longer had it.  Cc'ing -dev : if our render relies on
a no-longer available version of a package, maybe we have a problem ?
Also Cc'ing Giulio in case you're not on -dev.

 I don't understand xsl enough to comment on the errors below, but
in the meantime I've uploaded my local copy of 1.69.1 to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/packages/docbook-xsl-1.69.1.tar.bz2
but since I can't locate the original I don't know how anybody can
verify the md5.