Dhcpcd and iptables problems (BLFS 6.1)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 01:43:45 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 07:43:03PM -0500, Darcy Roberts wrote:

> I've turned on the appropriate modules in the kernel and all appears correct now. One issue is that the style of the options - everyone shows "CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y" but this isn't the same text as when using menuconfig. I ended up manually editting .config (bad idea, since ugly dependencies for options now show up).

 In menuconfig, use the '?' option for help - it tells you about the
option and in the heading it tells you the name, e.g.in 2.6.20 the
first item under 'Core Netfilter Configuration' gives me

 ┌──────────────────────────────── Netfilter netlink interface
 │ CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK:
 │
 │ If this option is enabled, the kernel will include support
 │ for the new netfilter netlink interface.
 │
 │
 │ Symbol: NETFILTER_NETLINK [=n]

 Don't let the shortened 'Symbol' name mislead you.  If you aren't
sure if you need this, enable the option to see if it opens up more
options (which this one does), you can always disable it again if
you decide you don't need any of them.

 Manually editting .config is usually best left to kernel hackers
and testers - it can be very tedious.

ĸen