Dhcpcd and iptables problems (BLFS 6.1)

Darcy Roberts darcy_ro at msn.com
Wed Feb 7 15:35:52 PST 2007

I've solved the running twice issues, thanks.

I'm kinda dense about the kernel support. I think I've turned on the correct
options, but there quite a few sub-options. Iptables still complains loudly.
I'm reluctant to turn everything on.

Which items/subitems in

Networking ⇒ Networking Options ⇒ Network Packet Filtering ⇒ Core
Netfilter Configuration (and) IP: Netfilter Configuration

Are actually required to be ON ?

Regards,
Darcy Roberts

tables.html

> FAILURE:
>  You should not be reading this error message.
>
> It means that an unforeseen error took place in
> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20network, which exited with a return value of 2.

I might be wrong, but I think this is because the dhcpcd service doesn't
exit gracefully if it's already running. But, if you fix the configuration
to only run it once, everything should probably be fine.

--
Dan