Live CD Boot problem

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Feb 6 20:38:08 PST 2007

Mark J Butsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem booting the LiveCD (version x86-6.2-2)  on my Dell
> Inspiron 2650.
>
> It starts the boot process OK but hangs shortly thereafter.
>
> The last (I think) successful line is “Loading Adaptec I2O RAID: Version 2.4
> Build 5go”
>
> It hangs on the next line “Detecting Adaptec I2O Raid Controllers…”

Hello,

thank you for the report. Unfortunately, non-bootability of the CD usually
means that the stock LFS build will not work for you either, with the same
error. What you describe is a kernel problem.

Could you please retry with LFS LiveCD 6.3-pre1, which contains a newer
kernel, and report the result?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov