rc.local doesn't get run?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 18:18:51 PST 2007

On 2/5/07, Kevin Somervill <ksomervi at brokenlogo.com> wrote:
> MC Dan Nicholson cold spun it on 02/05/07 20:03:
> >
> > I don't think we run it on LFS. You could easily fix this by adding
> > the proper symlink to rcsysinit.d. Something like:
> >
> > mv rc.local /etc/rc.d/init.d
> > ln -sv ../init.d/rc.local /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S99rc.local
>
> I thought about doing this, but I thought that init was supposed to run
> rc.local last if it found it.  Am I incorrect there? How do other
> systems handle it?

I don't know if that's really a standard. In the SuSE partition I
have, it's called boot.local. And it's run just about last from their
"boot" script, the equivalent to our /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc. But, I think
for maximum compatibility with our bootscripts, you'd want to symlink
in rcsysinit.d like I described above.

--
Dan