rc.local doesn't get run?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:03:33 PST 2007

On 2/5/07, Kevin Somervill <ksomervi at brokenlogo.com> wrote:
> So, how do I get the init system to run the rc.local file?  I've put it
> in /etc/rc.d but no luck. I've looked through the docs and by what I
> find on the net it should get executed automagically I thought.  My
> system is a lfs 6.1.

I don't think we run it on LFS. You could easily fix this by adding
the proper symlink to rcsysinit.d. Something like:

mv rc.local /etc/rc.d/init.d
ln -sv ../init.d/rc.local /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S99rc.local

You might need to change S99 if you need it to run before the mountfs
script or something. Maybe we should do this by default and just ship
an empty rc.local in lfs-bootscripts.

--
Dan