Udev-103 Error?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:10:48 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Galaxy Travel <giftbound at verizon.net> wrote:

> I beleive the book is wrong for the symlink: its supposed to be:
>
> ln -sv /proc/self/fd /lib/udev/devices  the book has it
>
> ln -sv /proc/self/fd /lib/udev/devices/fd resulting in No such File or
> directory /lib/udev/devices/fd/fd

The book is wrong if you try to make the symlink twice or if
/proc/self/fd does not exist as a directory. A lot of people have
successfully built udev building these instructions. I suppose it
could be more explicit by adding the -n parameter to `ln'. That would
make it bomb if the symlink to the directory already existed.

--
Dan