Udev-103 Error?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 11:07:41 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Galaxy Travel <giftbound at verizon.net> wrote:
> Im building development LFS and getting this error when I type
> make EXTRAS="extras/ata_id extras/cdrom_id extras/edd_id \
>             extras/firmware extras/floppy extras/path_id
> extras/rule_generator \
>             extras/scsi_id extras/usb_id extras/volume_id"
> /bin/sh -c: line 0: unexpected WOF while looking for matching `"'
> /bin/sh -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

It looks like this might not have wrapped correctly and EXTRAS is
being interpreted as having a newline in it. Maybe? I've never seen
that error before. Make sure the command is copied correctly from the
book. Write it to one long line if you have to.

> Also when I try to create this symlink
>  ln -sv /proc/self/fd /lib/udev/devices/fd
>
> says no such file or directory

Did you create the /lib/udev/devices directory? Do you have proc
mounted at $LFS/proc?

--
Dan