Problems rendering the book

Giulio Daprelà daprela at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 16:28:35 PST 2007

Hi all,
I'm the coordinator for the italian translation of the LFS book.
I'm trying to render the book (LFS 6.2) starting from the xml sources,
but I have problems.

The release of the stylesheets called (1.69.1) is not present anymore
in the docbook site, since they're passed to the 1.72.0. I have
installed this one, and changed the adresses in the xsl files to
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0 but now I have the
following problem after the make command:

xsltproc --xinclude --nonet -stringparam profile.condition html \
        -stringparam chunk.quietly 0 -stringparam base.dir
/home/giulio/ILDP/LFS/LFS-BOOK-6.2-IT-HTML/ \
        stylesheets/lfs-chunked.xsl index.xml
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0/xhtml/docbook.xsl

[...]

warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0/xhtml/profile-chunk-code.xsl"
compilation error: file stylesheets/lfs-chunked.xsl line 27 element include
xsl:include : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.72.0/xhtml/profile-chunk-code.xsl
make: *** [lfs] Error 5

All the addresses are correct. If I try to load manually the same
files from the browser it works. Anyone could help me?

Thank you

--
Giulio