Spring Ahead

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 2 08:38:23 PST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 04:44:00PM +0100, Barius Drubeck wrote:

> Ken's suggestion sounds like a good one, although I would do it
> slightly differently.  Build glibc-2.3.6 with the _same_ prefix as
> you used on your LFS 5.0 system, but just install to a different
> location, like this:
>
> make install_root=/tmp/glibc236 install

 I've never used install_root, but that sounds like a better way to
do it.  The specific problem is that the construction of the
zoneinfo files is fairly well hidden, at least in my logs, and I
think they are a product of make install.  Of course, if they are
there after 'make' then it is even easier.

ĸen