Spring Ahead

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 2 03:03:16 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:54:44PM -0600, Chuck Rhode wrote:
> ... so, what are US LFS 5.0 users going to do who've configured UTC=1
> in /etc/sysconfig/clock when clocks change to DST in March instead of
> in April?

 I presume any users in that situation will remain on UTC ;-)

Seriously, 5.0 is distinctly old in LFS terms, and we expect people
to rebuild their systems from time to time.  For a desktop, 5.0 is
so old it isn't funny.  The issue exists for anybody using glibc <
2.3.6.

 If you don't want to upgrade, I guess you can build 2.3.6 with a
different prefix, install it there, and then copy the updated
timezone data files to /usr/share/zoneinfo.  Obviously needs to be
tested on a non-production system!

ĸen