5.11. GCC-4.0.3 - Pass 2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 25 08:15:02 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 05:06:24PM +0400, Denis Silin wrote:
> Before this stage there have been no problems.
> I started from the dir /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.0.3 and copy-pasted all commands except "make -k check" of this stage from the book.
> he dir /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build already existed so it has not been created.
 That in itself is bad - unless the book explicitly tells you to
keep a directory created for the build, you should delete it.
Similarly, if you attempt to build something and encounter errors,
you should delete the source directory and any build directory
before retrying.

 So in this case, please delete the gcc-4.0.3 and gcc-build
directories then repeat this stage.

ĸen