Verifiying commands entered

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 19 14:26:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 10:57:17PM +0200, Matthias Koll wrote:

> And that looks good enough to me.
> Would it be an idea to put the diff command for verification in the book?

 My personal view is that the book needs to be protected from
unnecessary additions (yes, I've been as guilty as anyone).  People
who come to LFS are expected to have some experience of linux, and
these techniques should become second nature - most of our readers
won't welcome being told how to check the results of what they just
typed!

 As to discovering that your '\' wasn't at the end of the line -
mostly, that will produce an error message because what is on the
next line is treated as a command.

Ken