Remake of LFS chapter 5

contact at logarytm.com contact at logarytm.com
Tue Oct 17 07:22:34 PDT 2006

compiling and installing everything went smooth, but I noticed I already
have binaries when I issued the cp commands Ive been told to do. I figure
I accidently left /tools untouched but thought that maybe the installation
of the new binaries and libs would have the old ones overwritten.

Bad misstake, the stripping of debug went ok but the strip with the
unneeded flag gave me;
<strip>
strip: unable to copy file '/tools/bin/strip' reason: Text file busy
strip: /tools/bin/texi2dvi: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/texi2pdf: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/tzselect: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/updatedb: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/xtrace: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zcmp: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zdiff: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zegrep: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zfgrep: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zforce: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zgrep: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zless: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/zmore: File format not recognized
strip: /tools/bin/znew: File format not recognized
</strip>

Files were created today(and not yesterday as the old ones)
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lfs lfs 3500 Oct 17 13:44 /tools/bin/znew

Is this due to my previous failed LFS that thought my system wwas i486
when it's in fact i686?
Not running parallel jobs.

~djr