LFS 6.2-3 GUI Problem

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 16 09:25:58 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 05:52:05PM +0200, boovarahan boovarahan wrote:
> I have given below my xorg.conf file from LFS.
> Let me know why I am unable to get the GUI.

 Did you read Alberto's reply on Friday ?  This is clearly the wrong
list for queries about X, which is why knowing whether you are
talking about the Live CD or a version of X from BLFS would be
useful - we could at least point you to the correct list (livecd or
blfs-support).  But, to help you in the meantime:
> "
> Section "Screen"
> 	Identifier	"Default Screen"
> 	Device		"Generic Video Card"
> 	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
> 	DefaultDepth	24
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth		8
> 	EndSubSection
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth		15
> 	EndSubSection
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth		16
> 	EndSubSection
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth		24
> 		# Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
> 	EndSubSection
> EndSection

 The message you initially reported was
"Screens found, but none have a usable configuration"  - it looks
like you've attempted to add Modes into the 24-bit depth, but then
commented them out.  And if that doesn't help, *please* take this to
the appropriate list and give people there context (what you did,
what messages you got).

Ken