problems in chapter 6

Gijo kamafeu at rootshell.be
Sun Oct 15 08:13:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I had some problems in chapter 6 (lfs6.2) and maybe someone can help me
out, before i chroot, i did:

echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'

and got:

[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

but after entering the chrooted environment i could not use gcc or readelf, which i fixed by linking /lib/ld-linux.so.2 to /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
but now when i redo the dummy.c check i get:

[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.2]

is this ok or am i doing something wrong?I's not normal to end up with a broken gcc after chp5 right?

thanks in advance...

Gijo