error compiling Glibc-2.3.6

nadav vinik nadavlists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 09:22:42 PDT 2006

Hello

I've successfully instaled LFS 6.2 and I remain the tools directory.

I installed from Ububtu Dapper and now I've Ubuntu edgy which upgrade.

Firstly I just install as is and not from the LFS user and I get her error:

tmp/glibc-build/csu/version-info.h:2: error: missing terminating " character
/tmp/glibc-build/csu/version-info.h:3: error: missing terminating " character
/tmp/glibc-build/csu/version-info.h:4: error: expected ',' or ';'
before string constant
make[2]: *** [/tmp/glibc-build/csu/version.o] 1 הלקת
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/glibc-2.3.6/csu'
make[1]: *** [csu/subdir_lib] 2 הלקת
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/glibc-2.3.6'
make: *** [all] 2 הלקת

I do exactly as the book but I change the prefix to prevent replace
the old tools glibc.

When I use from the user LFS It's failed in the configure level:

checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute
sizeof (long double), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

$ tail config.log
#define PACKAGE_NAME "GNU C Library"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "GNU C Library (see version.h)"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "c-library"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "(see version.h)"
#define USE_REGPARMS 1
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

configure: exit 1

Nadav